Thursday, December 18, 2008
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Shae had her check up and shots visit yesterday and she weighed in at 16.14 lbs, measured 26 1/4 inches in length. That is the 95% for her age group so she's doing very well. Doc says I can start her on rice cereal now which I plan to do here in these next few weeks. We ate dinner last night at a Mexican food restaurant and I had an orange slice on my plate. Since Shae seemed so intrigued by all of us at the table eating, I decided to let her taste the orange. She went to town on that thing! So...I think she's more than ready for real food. She is very interested in what I've been eating lately and not as interested in breast and bottle feeding much anymore. She is easily distracted if there is ANYTHING going on in the room while she is eating, she will pull away from the bottle or breast to look around. I'll take pics of her first rice cereal meal and post those soon. As far as her personality/attitude goes, she is a happy baby most of the time but she is definitely telling us when she is unhappy. She grunts and pushes her legs to get away from whoever is holding her. Little brat of a child! I guess it's all coming back to haunt me now....as I am constantly reminded of what a difficult child I was by my mom, my dad, and my sister. Since Shae is my first, I have nothing to compare it to so for now I just think she is the best and I roll with whatever attitude problem she's got going on and I try to fix it to please her. Let's hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the butt because I don't want the kid who is on the toy ailse at the grocery store screaming and kicking and having a tantrum because she doesn't get the toy she wants. Pics of that to come I'm sure! :) LOL! Ok everyone...have a Merry Christmas!! I will have those pics up hopefully next weekend. Shae has 2 of the cutest outfits for Christmas. Can't wait to get her in those!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment